Writ Petitions before the High Courts. Petitions before the Supreme Court in all the matters relating to corporate law, Civil and Criminal cases and matters of general public importance.
Kakakhel Law Associates is reputed to be the first choice firm where invoking the Constitutional or Writ Jurisdiction of the Supreme Court or the High Court is required. The firm has represented several President’s of Pakistan, Chief Minister’s, Governor General’s, Federal and Provincial members of the Parliament, Judges of the superior Judiciary and has challenged the vires of laws before the Supreme Court of Pakistan and the High Courts.
The firm has conducted NAB cases in writ jurisdiction which resulting in their release from prison till the final decision of the trail.
Writ jurisdiction has been invoked in many cases whereby Ehtisab Commission was illegally harassing High Profile Government, resulting in the court prohibiting the authorities from the harassment if no case has been initiated.
Writ Jurisdiction has been exercised in many cases of urgent Service and Civil nature.
Recent Representative Experience.
- Successfully challenged the Vice Chancellor of Khyber Medical Institute under Quo Warranto whereby he was declared to be holding the position illegally hence removed.
- Currently representing the retailers and businessmen, challenging the imposition of ban by Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government over sale and purchase of non-degradable plastic bags
- Successfully challenged Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Medical and Teaching Institutions Reforms Act, 2015 before the Peshawar High Court.
- Successfully challenged Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Economic Zones Development and Management Company, and the dissolution of Sarhad Development Authority and the merger of its assets in KPEZDM. First the Act of the parliament was declared null and void by the Peshawar High Court, which was followed by an Executive Order of the Governor Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa which too was successfully challenged resulting in the Chief Justice giving the employees and assets protection of the Court.
- Handled Election matters of numerous Members of the Federal and Provincial Parliament which resulted in the Court allowing to contest the general elections of 2013.
- Counsel of Sardar Mehtab Ahmad Khan Abbasi, (Former Chief Minister NWFP, Former Minister for Railway and Former Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa), before the Peshawar High Court, Peshawar challenging his arrest as chief minister by army and the military take over of the government by General Pervez Musharaf, The President of Pakistan.
- Counsel for Mr. Gorsaran Lal, Molana Dildar, Begum Rukhsana raz, Yasmine Khalid, the members of provincial assembly compulsorily removed from the assembly filed writ petitions through Mr. Kakakhel in the Peshawar High court. The MPAs were reinstated by the High court.
- Counsel for Deputy speaker of provincial assembly NWFP Mr. Ikram ullah Shahid had also challenged his removal from the post of deputy speaker NWFP. The honorable High court restored him to his job .
- Successfully challenged the rejection of nomination papers and disqualification of Political Personalities before and after the General Elections and Local Elections.
- Constitution petition for separation of Judiciary from the Executive, Political cases, inter-Alia, those of Ex. Chief Ministers like Inayatullah Khan Gandapur and Pir Sabir Shah, those of Ministers Like Shabzada Salahuddin, Ghani-ur-Rehman and others.