ENERGY & RESOURCES
Our firm stands at the forefront of energy and resources practice in Pakistan. Our lawyers have specialist expertise from many years involvement in a wide range of projects, transactions and litigations in the electricity, renewable energy, gas, mining and petroleum sector.
We act for clients on major projects and transactions as well as operational matters. Our experience extends from resource exploration, through production, processing, trading, haulage and shipping, to sale. It also includes:
- structuring and drafting of exploration and production joint ventures including unitisations
- farm-in/farm-out agreements
- mergers and acquisitions in the energy and resources sector and related due diligence
- native title, environmental, land access and planning matters
- commodity sales contracts including iron ore, gold, concentrates, gas and power sales, haulage and swap agreements
- LNG project participation and development
- power generation projects
- energy markets and regulatory advice including advising on the National Electricity Rules and the Wholesale Electricity Market Rules
- power, gas and emissions markets advice, including market participation, market rules, hedging arrangements, trading documentation and financial services licensing
- third party access arrangements for electricity and gas networks
- pipeline corridor acquisition
- project financing
- construction and procurement contracts for brownfield and greenfield development
- representation in price review negotiations and arbitrations.
- Litigation regarding the same matters.