INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
The IP practice at the firm asserts considerable expertise in IP based transactional and regulatory matters and additionally excels in IP prosecution and IP litigation.
The practise is populated by specialist IP practitioners who have spent years living and breathing Intellectual Property law in Pakistan, combined with expert grounding & sectoral experience in every aspect of the IP Practice spectrum such as:
- Prosecution [Trademark, Patent, Copyright & Designs];
- Business transactions [structuring, licensing, franchising, joint-ventures, mergers & acquisitions, IP audits / Due Diligence];
- Litigation (including enforcement / anti-piracy);
- Policy Development [advisory as well as legislative drafting support, deposing before parliamentary committees etc].
- Succesfully represented renowned film industry members of Pakistan (Producer, Director, Singer and Actor) against an accusation of singing poetry of a person in a song/ movie without permission of the family of the poet and giving another shape to the poetry which damaged the image of the poet.
- Successfully represented Local Publishers against Oxford University Press, Pakistan.